Alternate UPI address

Is it possible to add/change UPI address, so that everytime we no need to share contact number?

1 Like

Hai @harishpvv
Currently, the app does not offer the ability to modify or edit the UPI ID.
The said feature is still on the roadmap.

But, you can try ‘Create your private UPI number’ feature on the app,

Tap on the hamburger menu (Top left)
Payment Settings
UPI- Manage UPI number
Create your private UPI Number

4 Likes

@razack Thanks for this. I didn’t know this existed.

But tell me something. While this could be used to receive money without revealing your phone number, will the UPI ID be shared when we send money? Or will the private UPI number be shared?

Or when you send money, your UPI ID is not shared in full by default?

Please clarify. Thanks.

1 Like

Private UPI Number is only to receive money, if you were send money to anyone then your primary UPI ID will be shared in transaction details.

6 Likes

Frankly saying, I am yet to use that feature. :laughing:
The reason is that the majority of the people I interact with, whether they’re shops or individuals, are familiar with my mobile number, and I don’t have any issue about sharing my Jupiter UPI ID.
Ironically, I think I am included in the list of early members, who first recommend the UPI id edit feature. The purpose was to get my name ‘reserved’ after @jupiteraxis. :star_struck: :rofl:

2 Likes

@razack I could relate. I wanted alex@sbi, alex@icici, alex@hdfcbank… But I was a bit late to the UPI game. So all these VPA were taken. :face_exhaling:

1 Like

I was lucky to get my pet name as my UPI id when cred launched their UPI service

3 Likes

@yagnesh01 @alexnazy
I was too quick in reserving the ids at the very moment UPI was launched,
and was fortunate to secure the desired names, @sbi, @upi etc. :cool_doge: :cool_doge:
The name Alex is so common, also short and catchy…No wonder the name was reserved by some other Alex :smiley:

3 Likes

If you set your custom UPI ID as the primary one, it won’t be disclosed to anyone when you send them money.

2 Likes

@saurabh.s Can you please elaborate on this?

Jupiter doesn’t have a custom UPI ID. It just has private UPI number.

1 Like

It’s not possible on the Jupiter app as currently doesn’t offer the custom UPI ID feature.
However, if you set a custom ID in another app like Paytm, CRED or Amazon pay etc, where this feature is available, your ID won’t be disclosed when sending money.

3 Likes