Unable to use Federal Bank CDMs (Cash Deposit Machine)

So I went to a Federal Bank Cash Recycler machine (can deposit and withdraw money) in Ernakulam Kerala hoping that I can deposit some extra cash that I had with me to my Jupiter account. I inserted the Jupiter debit card, but the machine did not detect it as a Federal Bank ATM card so it didn’t show any cash deposit option.

I then tried the cardless cash deposit option by entering the Jupiter account number and this did work, however there there is a much lower limit when using the cardless option.

I was hoping to use my Jupiter debit card to make cash deposits at Federal Bank CDMs without issues. Is it not supported?

1 Like

Is there any extra charges for cash deposit with cardless option?

I’m not sure. As per the schedule of charges, at minimum cash deposits upto Rs 2 lakh per month is free. It doesn’t seem to differentiate between with card and cardless deposit.

However yesterday, I was able to deposit only 18k via the cardless option, it didn’t accept any more even with multiple tries saying that I might have exceeded the limit. I must say that the federal bank error messages doesn’t make it very clear as to what’s the real reason as they club multiple reasons in a single error message.

SBI for instance charges extra for cardless deposits.

Anyway some clarification from Jupiter team would be helpful in this case.

This isn’t supported yet. But it will come in the future!

1 Like