The Battle of UPI

As per recent reports,
Google Pay has emerged as the winner in the Penetration race with a 65% reach while Phone Pe outshines with Highest Engagement and PayTM beats them all when we come into the Battle of Transactions.

Tell us in the comments why do you choose one over the other?

What do you use for your UPI needs and why?
  • Google Pay
  • PhonePe
  • PayTM
  • Others (share below!)
0 voters
2 Likes

I use PhonePe as I was an early adopter of UPI, way. before Google Pay entered the game. Didnโ€™t feel it was necessary to use another app for the same function (albeit all the rewards :P)

4 Likes

Have you guys seen the new Android UI of Gpay?
What have they done? Itโ€™s like someone updated it the application with the a prior rough design copy!

2 Likes

I use like every single app, I transact with whichever has offer :wink:

3 Likes

Google Pay UI is excellent, very simple. Others are overwhelming.

2 Likes

I use google pay. It has minimal bloat. It supports tokenized cards. Earlier I used to use paytm but pulled out because the app was trying to become a superapp. It had too much bloat.

3 Likes

I donโ€™t know but no payments app in iOS offers tokenisation. Is there some NFC restriction by Apple that tokenisation canโ€™t be utilised on iOS?

3 Likes

Transacting via Jupiter handle UPI has reduced certainly due to the changes in the rewards system to selected merchants. Phonepe has the best successful rate among gpay and other apps

1 Like

I tried to use upi were i get rewards first phone and paytm gave rewards then it stopped with growing usage and then gpay came with offers this scratch card is shit most of the time but since everyone say paytm or gpay karo i shop . I perfer gpay to get scratch card. I use Jupiter now wereever possible because we get jewels if we adv well you will get many takers for it.

2 Likes

I use Paytm anytime, reason is that the payment failure rate is nil/very low compared to other upi apps. Also we get paytm coins which can be converted to real cash.

4 Likes

1000 Paytm Cashback Point To = Rs.10 Paytm Voucher.

3 Likes

GPay seems very seamless to use. I have to agree their rewards game isnโ€™t mature yet. Started using it and didnt feel the need to switch as no other app had something very different. PayTm offered too many services on a single interface and that kept me away

2 Likes