Jupiter Widgets for IOS and Android

With the upcoming release of ios 16 there are ton of new features being added to the software.

But my eyes caught the widgets in particular, as a super fan of the jupiter card here is my suggestion/idea:

A simple widget/s for Android as well as IOS where the users can just access a feature easily without opening the jupiter app. :star_struck:

It can be either card setting, UPI , bank transfer etc.

I have read a thread about Nfc payment using phone without the use of card. This option can also be available on the widget!

7 Likes

@Kaushal_Sai
Hey! :hyper_wave:

Widgets are really cool tbh :party_parrot:
Some quick options to consider:

1. Money in & out
  2. Scan and pay
  3. Recent transactions (Recent 5 or recent 3) - Depending on widget size.
  4. Balance check/networth - should never be a widget imo. Since anyone can look at it.

I’ve seen widgets in 4x1 and 5x2 dimensions. They take like half the screen sometimes :blob_worried:
Here’s some of our rough concepts - Scan & Pay qr widget for iOS - #4 by Shawnpinto

Thoughts?

4 Likes

3rd one could be responsive like google calender widget… Resizing it should show more rows and must be scrollable…
Scan and pay widget is a really nice one :zap:
Sizes shown on demo is good for me…

Radius in the edges of widgets, is it launcher specific on android or can the app decide… Make edges more iphoneish😂

4 Likes

You’re right! There are some resizable ones too.
Have you seen PayTm widgets? Something like that perhaps? :blobthink:

2 Likes

I am getting just 3 widgets from paytm… I havent done much transctions… I am getting recent transactions as bubble…

See the widget of gemini in the bottom… It is correct explanation of resizable and scrollable…

Ps: dark mode in phone affects the colour of widgets too :hushed:

My phone’s battery optimisation is too much that widgets on clicking dont do its necessary functions… I know it works by disabling battery optimisation. What about usual people with less hand on such things should the user have a prompt to disable battery optimisation :thinking: (normally very few apps gives such prompt)

3 Likes

@Aswin_Benny This is cool. Thanks for sharing the reference!

A scrollable widget for recent transactions makes sense. But I wonder how often the widget updates the data from the app.

If it’s regular, the battery drain would be massive! :blob_sweat:
I now see why you’ve optimised your battery.

I also think, smaller the data presented in the widget, lower the drainage of power from battery.

We might need to show data on widgets seperately then. Eg: recent transactions is one widget.
Another one is money in (2x2), money out (2x2).

3 Likes

See that refresh button on the top part of gemini? U could do manual refreshing then.

Seperate widgets would be nice

5 Likes

Yeah simple widgets with minimal but important useful options would be very cool!

2 Likes

@Shawnpinto will we be seeing the Jupiter widget any time soon?

1 Like

@Irwarrier Nope, it’s yet to be picked up.
Have you been using widgets for other app?

If it’s widgets for a money/payments app, can you let us know what kind of functions do those widgets do?

:blob_thanks:

1 Like

Just the Paytm Widget. I like the simple 2x2 minimal one for scan and pay.
Its quite fast to load

3 Likes

Hmm, if it’s just for scan and pay,
Check this out - Using quick app shortcuts the real way ⚡

Give it a try if you have an Android device! @Irwarrier

This is Cool … Thanks

2 Likes

I would love to see some iOS widgets, esp for iphones. It can be a QR widget, also the spend analysis tool as a bath widget would be great.

I just love Jupiter for its interface and lightning :zap: fast transactions. One thing that I would like to suggest is that we should definitely have a Jupiter widget for Android phones atleast as it would be super easy to make daily transactions… something like scan and pay

@Jalees_Hassan Hi!

So there were designs shared by few members in the past.
Here’s one of them:

Also, if you’re an Android user, you should definitely try this.
It’s way better than a widget!

2 Likes