Jupiter: Review after a year

No na i think that’s Indusind Bank :bank::atm:

In the initial days, although the mobile number linked to Adhar was asked for the Jupiter account but it was not necessary to open the account with the same mobile number which is linked to Adhar. At that time Jupiter account could be opened from other mobile number using Adhar OTP.
I have opened online account in many banks, they were shown to enter the mobile number linked to Adhar but everytime I used a mobile number which was not linked with Adhar , After entering Adhar OTP all my accounts were opened successfully except AU, NSDL and ICICI . I opened online account in SBI, BOB etc banks using a mobile number which was not linked with adhar.

@sani At present, Jupiter account can be opened only with Aadhaar linked mobile number.

1 Like

@shawnpinto When everyone is sharing their story, I also share mine. But please don’t mind because I tell my experiences and story honestly no matter how they may sound to the listener. I am not against jupiter so before taking any decision listen to the whole story.
Beginning of the story -
I also opened Jupiter account in its initial days itself. Actually I also wanted such a bank account which can be opened online without visiting banks and also get debit card instantly for creating UPI PIN. I used to search for such accounts on youtube and luckily I came across fi and Jupiter which have the same features I wanted. I watched many videos and also read their website completely to choose one of these two options. In the end I found Fi much better than Jupiter for which some points are:- 1. Users were being waitlisted in Jupiter and a lot of hype was spread long before its launch and the platform itself was being shown as ‘launching soon’. Which made me think that this is just an idea and is being brought by some new businessmen who will probably close it anytime. (I thought so because at that time I had seen many such apps before which were being promoted from last one or two years but they always kept on increasing their launch date and never got launched. And there were some that even got shut down after a few days of launch. Although this used to happen in startups, some get successful and some don’t. Because of this, users like me also get scared) I will tell the rest of the story at the end.
2. There was no customer care number of jupiter on jupiter’s website there was only option to contact by email. Although it was also offering a lot of cashback Looking at all these, I had a feeling that this could be a fraud app, so my trust got reduced. This was because I was very new to the banking sector and knew very little. And I had heard a lot about incidents of online fraud so as a new and unknown person I had to be very careful. :joy:
3. After watching in YouTube videos, I found Jupiter app very simple and less features than Fi app.
4. Only 5 IMPS transactions per month were free in Jupiter.

So I finally opened my account in Fi. After using fi account, debit card and app for a month, I got a lot of knowledge about neobanking and digital banking. After which my doubts and negativity were removed from Jupiter app.

About a month and a half later, I received an email inviting me to open a Jupiter account. However, by then I had seen more videos about Jupiter and Fi on YouTube and regretted not opening an account on the Jupiter app. So I quickly opened that invitation link and applied for account opening from Jupiter app but I was shown that existing Federal Bank customers cannot open account. After about a month, I got a mail again that Federal Bank customers can also open account on Jupiter. Then I did the account opening process again then my account opening process was completed successfully but after coming to the last screen where the account number was to be shown, it was stucked and didn’t shown account number for 15-20 minutes. That’s why I opened it again after clearing its data, then the error of ‘mobile number verification failed’ started coming in it. I tried many times but this error kept coming. After this I mailed in this regard on Jupiter email support. I expected it to get resol6 in 3-4 days. But it did not get cured even in five days. I mailed again no solution. Then I continued to mail every five days for two months. But there was no solution. Then my doubt turned into belief and I was convinced that Jupiter was a fraud app. I considered myself lucky thinking that it was a good thing I had not deposited any money in it otherwise my money would have been looted. Though I had opened my account in it and it was showing in UPI apps also. After that I used to email support about this issue a couple of times a month. But a copy paste reply always used to come from their side that my issue has been resolved. I stopped taking it too seriously because I had enough bank accounts. Still, I used to believe that if they ever update their system, then this problem will be solved automatically. But almost a year passed and it was never resolved. I decided to close this account. I sent them email to close the account but they asked me the reason so I replied. But instead of closing my account they asked to wait for four days to resolve my issue. On 5th day I mailed again to get my account closed as my problem was not resolved. That day by chance I opened the Jupiter website and found the Jupiter customer care number there which was kept hidden. (which is still kept hidden) When I called them and asked them to close my account, they told that request has to be made through Jupiter app to close the account. Then it became necessary for me to get that error removed. I constantly contacted the Jupiter support team on Twitter and on calls for about a month. [I didn’t come here because I thought this is not an official platform of Jupiter but a website created by someone to discuss about Jupiter] I thought as soon as I opened the app I would request to close my account. But a madam from twitter team whose name was probably Devanjali, took my issue seriously and spoke to me politely, She regularly gave updates through calls and Twitter DMs. She got my issue resolved and politely told me that my issue is resolved so I should not close my account. If any issue arises in future, she herself will get it resolved quickly. She again asked me after five days whether I am still facing any problem. So I was impressed by her polite behavior and thought I should close my account after a few days.
Then I came here and read many posts then I felt that this is the supreme court of Jupiter customer support. I really liked this place to discuss. I found here that I can help improve Jupiter app here. I shared many feedbacks and ideas here, I thought they would be taken seriously but then I came to know that my feedbacks were not taken seriously by anyone in Jupiter team. Those feedbacks were only noted down.

@Omkar18 You are correct. Still having Jupiter community is a trust, on which trust I did not close my account.

2 Likes

Banks are regularly checking their t and c , i opened sbi zero balance account in 2021 , that time SBI only offer me addhar linked mobile number as a primary number… then i changed mobile number by using sbi internet banking… Now SBI closed this feature for security reasons…

And also i opened a bob zero balance account in February 23 … B3 account… But Bob only offer me addhar linked mobile number as a banking number…

1 Like

I saw this thing for all banks now , they told me it’s a RBI guideline… And all banking app need now in device SMS verification and also banks stop OTP verification code via email

1 Like

how to know that when did we came to jupiter @sani :slightly_smiling_face:

@iAmAlanSabu If you want to know the date of opening of Jupiter Account, It can get from account statements

If you want to know the date of joining, here, the community, It can be viewed from your profile or
https://community.jupiter.money/cakeday/anniversaries/today

1 Like

Thanks,i have found it…I joined on jupiter family since Nov 2021 and community this year :sunglasses:

That’s a fairly long time using the platform!!

2 Likes

yes yes…i was still on the initial days when people was not aware of jupiter…But i knew about the community lately…Truly,you guys are :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@iAmAlanSabu Likewise! :metal:

Still impressed by the support of the community and efforts of @Shawnpinto :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The credit goes out to all the Community members & Team Jupiter :slight_smile: :v:
We are on this journey together.