Fintech News Bytes

Not like that, I have very low expectancy on my referrals. Instead of Playstore link I just shared from my app that’s it.
Anyways it’s not a bad thing, bro :wink:

4 Likes

Good thing only that referee and referred both get some reward :+1:

2 Likes

That’s why bro i said no harm on sharing refer link.

3 Likes

Sticker based debit card?

3 Likes

It was a good suggestion. Why did you delete this.
@Aswin_Benny

@Mukesh_kumar_Bharti Added it as a post in the community here

1 Like

Hey Guys! Check this out
So today Slice started something called Slice mini in which you have to load your slice card from your bank account and then you can pay.
Now that’s the worst thing they came up with because there is no benefit using a prepaid card instead of your debit card or credit card.

Even for worse they brought something called Slice borrow in which you have to pay a flat fee for every transaction even if you pay on time by next month and guess what … This flat fee , they are charging is nuts.

So what do you think, is it the time to bid adieu to Slice?

3 Likes

Slice is now a loan company😂 sad life slice pura business model change

2 Likes

e-RUPI, the new Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) as a payment instrument is live now!

3 Likes

E-rupi… that’s one catchy name :cool_cat:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Can it be transferred offline :thinking:?

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for it to go public- aka debates n stuff on news media. As of yet I haven’t heard anything from the govmint about this.

Bad PR or possible scam? :thinking:

1 Like

A big yes! Even the receiver do not have any bank account, active internet connection or may be smartphone. You can receive CBDC.

Edit: A source here

Official Concept note on CBDC published by RBI. 5.7
(Use Find in page page tool and search offline for quick analysis.

In short there is not any good way to use CBDC 100% offline. We need internet to synchronise.
According to Bank of Japan an IC is used in SIM card for smartphones but it will not work for feature phones.
Visa also worked on the same.

3 Likes

Btw this is best thing I ever heard. Amm but I am curious about something. Its launching debit card that means an account with bank is necessary condition. Is this types of stickers available in market which work with any card? I want to make my smartwatch an on-the-go contactless watch. In that watch NFC is not available. Even Mobile covers or mobiles without nfc could possibly work contactlessly.

2 Likes

Looks like account specific thing

Whoa :exploding_head:
That’s big news.

1 Like

Could you elaborate point one for me please?
And in second point can anyone (merchant) will register for recurring payments such as rent collection etc?

Lemme guess. They roped in Vijay raaz as their new CEO.

1 Like

ICICI Digital Rupee App (only for ICICI Savings account holders)

https://www.icicibank.com/content/dam/icicibank/icici-assets/personal-banking/apk/cbdc-app.apk

2 Likes