What’s up with the new social media spam thingy done by Jupiter?

What’s up with the new string of tweets from obvious fake accounts and some unmarked sponsored tweets about asking for a Jupiter invite , and as if it’s not enough it’s being retweeted by the official account. Now I am not a marketing expert but this stands out to be really sad way of promoting the service. I mean you all have a good platform so why not just trust it and depend on word of mouth advertising rather than this sad method.

Add images

Look at these tweets for example:

2 Likes

Hey @sololander ,

It’s not fake accounts, let me explain why this is happening.

When you get stuck on the invite page in the beginning, we suggest you to share on social media platforms in case you need an invite, there’s a pre-text provided which can be edited before you post it.

1 Like

But I get the concern here, I’ll let the team know about this.

2 Likes

Ah alright it makes sense now. On twitter app for iOS the tweets about invites are flagged as spam because of repeated string of texts under some Italian cyber law. As I am using my device here Italy the same will be shown for any user in EU; so it won’t look good for the company maybe like a share button that takes you to a new community thread here or a waitlist would make more sense than twitter…

Also depending on if a user is using a twitter app or web page for well the push message thingy, the tweet is showing “(null)” so atleast that should be rectified.

But thank you nevertheless for the clarification :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Jupiter app is super banking app.but they started spaming in whatsapp which is very irritating. @Shawnpinto please dont spam and any ad can be shown in ad space of the app

I too getting spam msgs now even my account is closed but they have stored that data. If ask them they will say RBI Guidelines which RBi guidelines give me the guidelines in pdf format or link which re-direct to RBI website.

1 Like

@Kugan_S_J Noted. Could you let us know what the messages were about? That way we can narrow down the feature nudges/promos and track how many should be sent to a user.

It was regarding metal card…

Got it. Now that QFM v1 is over, you shouldn’t be getting any more.

We’re working on v2. We will check the number of notifications sent to our users @Kugan_S_J :slight_smile: