Understanding user behaviour

I have been recently thinking about markets and there is this basic metric which keeps coming up always which shows the fictionalization of savings/retail participation of retail people in Indian stock market seems to be very low compared to countries like usa. So, i have been asking people around the following question
What makes you double your investment per month into the stock market ? Is it knowledge gap or is it something else which is lacking ? what can give you that confidence to double down on your bet ?

Please reply with your personal reason for not doubling down. looking forward for insights from this! thanks in advance.

2 Likes

In India, people generally tend to park their money in FDs or buy gold because we tend to go towards a safer option than to take some risks. Also, financial knowledge about investing is something that is not really taught to us.

https://www.5paisa.com/blog/why-do-most-indians-not-invest-in-the-stock-markets#

The above article is not a metric based article, but these are the broader reasons of less participation of Indians in stock markets

1 Like

yes, i agree with what you have mentioned. i am just looking to understand everybody’s personal reason for not doubling down. so that fintech players like jupiter or any other can solve that and make it easy for everyone.
so, what is your personal reason ?

2 Likes

I do invest in the markets. I can’t say for everyone tho.

If you are curious and want to interact with the community on their reasons to not invest adequately, you can create a google form and post it here so that interested people can fill that up and you can get individual responses.

1 Like