Share your best budgeting hack. ๐Ÿ—ฃ

I just simply divide my money in different savings accounts, like I have one separate for investments and emergency, one for every day expenses, and, one just for to keep the extra amount, a tiresome process but it keeps all my transactions separated based on accounts. And I just ensure correct account is used on same type of transactions. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I do this same thing. Further for expenses, Iโ€™ve got cards for each category of expense - shopping/travel/groceries. And demat accounts for each category of investment strategy - active/passive.

So the account statements kind of act as ledgers for budgeting and recon.

3 Likes

I have a simple hack which I have used since I was 25 after multiple iterations.
I have 8 credit cards. I spend only through them depending which offer is available. I have set up all the cards in Cred which gives me the bills pending every month.
I have an autodebit into stock SIPs every month of 60% of my salary. I keep the rest of my money for my credit card bills and Rs 5K-15K every month in my savings account. If any money gets saved at end of the month out of this 5k-15K, I sweep it into a 7 day FD . I repeat this process MOM.

Best
Manmeet

3 Likes

Discovered the budgeting feature for subscriptions + apps on Google Play Store. Definitely using it now!

2 Likes

Now I need your Credit Card acquisition story

1 Like

Standard Chartered Digi Smart Is LTF?

How? Sc is asking for Rs.49 Monthly Fee.

Happy to help brother :slight_smile:

@CarolinMerces As mentioned separately under asterisk,

Standard Chartered DigiSmart is not a straight LTF card, but we will get the Rs 49 monthly fees back (with a gap of 3 months) by spending Rs 5,000 in the running calendar month. I achieve that by transferring 5,000 to Paytm and takes that back to the Bank and invest the same in Mutual fund.

2 Likes

Okay Thanks Buddy :frowning:

1 Like

Hurts when you live in outskirts. You are not eligible for anything! LITERALLY NOTHING!