NFC-Payments through our phones

Redmi 9 which laucnched in 2020 which costs Rs. 9000 has NFC, even from 2017 many budget android phones had NFC feature. So NFC is the cheapest technology that costs negligible amount for the smartphone manufacturers to implement it.

1 Like

@Ranjeth Jio Phone ( 1st ) effective Cost ₹0 having NFC :sweat_smile: .
But I’ve under ₹20K phone ( 1 year old, Mi) not having NFC :smile:

2 Likes

Bro… due to cost cutting… some mobile companies stopped giving bundled charger… let alone nfc chip.

1 Like

Nope I dont have this feature on my PayTM app :C

1 Like

Search in the app

2 Likes

Nvm I have the feature but none of my debit cards are compatible.

2 Likes

Only icici, kotak and HDFCs are supported.

3 Likes

No they have support for SBI and Axis as well. but it seems weaker than Samsung and gpay who support 19 banks including citi and Yesbank

3 Likes

This is a feature I wish Jupiter had, it’s convenient to have this when UPI is not an option and you don’t have the card with you.

2 Likes

I am also waiting for the same feature when it will come to jupiter app like sbi and some other bank apps

1 Like

Any updates on this??? GPay still shows that the bank doesn’t have this feature, really appreciate if they enable this.

@The_But, Jupiter is supported? Where??

1 Like

Thank you for the response, but i was unable to add the card in Paytm,:smiling_face_with_tear:.

1 Like

still waiting for this feature, would be nice to do this instead of taking card out of purse everytime

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Users expectations for convenience are always on the rise. In almost any situation consumers typically flock to the fastest, easiest and most convenient option.

An enabled NFC makes payment transactions easy as users often only need to hold up their phones to make a payment. Unlike EMV transactions, where consumers had to learn to dip and wait, NFC mobile payments are typically simple and secure!

The new feature of google pay which uses bank cards as payment features without using upi pin or card pin doesn’t support Jupiter cards.
Kindly look into that.
It says that the card is not supported.
*That feature uses NFC from device for merchant payments.
*Although jupiter card is NFC supported!

Hope this feature will be added!

It’s already in the roadmap, we’ll see the feature in future

6 Likes

That’s nice… :100:

1 Like

It’s not on priority, but it’s something we’re considering for sure.

1 Like

:+1: ok

Most of the users have NFC on their smartphone!
Adding card to gpay is very helpful :slightly_smiling_face:
consider it as a priority.

3 Likes