News about Neo Banks ๐Ÿ—ž๏ธ

Introducing ZeroBalance, partly axio (formerly Walnut), partly Rupay Prepaid Card

1 Like

All this product comes under Capital Float (My Opinion)

Something very unique ! Letโ€™s see how it unfolds.

3 Likes

Tried this 2 months back. They were in partnership with Yes Bank. For now theyโ€™ve stopped onboarding. Theyโ€™re changing their banking partner. Seems theyโ€™ll be on track by Sep end !

1 Like

Nope !

1 Like

Nice. I see that theyโ€™re early this time unlike the majority of fintechs !

1 Like

Look like its about to launch

1 Like

1 Like

Meet Tortoise.

Tortoise allows users to save up for large purchases and rewards them for those savings. The savings plan, inspired by Tanishqโ€™s Golden Harvest Scheme, offers weekly and monthly savings plans ranging from a few months to a year

They just raised seed funding from investors like Swiggy and Zestmoney.

Neat concept. Sounds similar to Pots. But hear me out.

What if- I set up a super pot for a MacBook Air, and as I reach my goal, Jupiter gives me options to buy a mac from Amazon or Flipkart? The shopping experience must be easy and baked within the app (no jarring TAB switches).
Iโ€™m assuming Jupiter can also score a commission from the merchant for the deal.

The user is happy, so is the merchant for making the deal. And so is Jupiter.

News sauce:

4 Likes

Disclaimer: Not neo bank related, but it does come as exciting news from an otherwise ancient bank.

SBI is introducing savings accounts for kids.

Makes me wonder, why canโ€™t Jupiter do family accounts? Imagine a family of four interlinked through a Fam account. Pro-Niwas account? Pro-Parivaar? Lol

Say the guardians, husband + wife have the regular savings account features, while the kids have a more toned down account with slightly lesser benefits, but the parents get to track all credits and debits through their apps.

All individuals have their separate account numbers and login info for obvious reasons, but the parents get to be the admins, and have the final say on all accounts. :thinking:

1 Like

Pehla Kadam and Pehli Udaan are already available from long time.

But branch says (Waha CSP hai waha jaake SBI Jandhan account kholo hum zero balance khata nhi kholte!

1 Like

@nateavi i really liked this idea. Parents should have access to spending info and could set monthly limit also.

2 Likes

Iโ€™m glad you do. Picture a family plan- where the admins get to see ALL transaction history within their respective apps, but the kids can only see their individual apps.

More geared towards privacy ofc, but somebody needs to have the key. :smile:

@nateavi something most of the middle class parents would need

Federal Bank is in talk for merger with Kotak Bank.

Federal denies!

1 Like

Canโ€™t say its true or not but Federal will anyway deny till official announcement (if there is actually a merger)

Assuming merger scenario, what are the chances that merged entity will stop supporting Neo-Banks given kotak itself has digital product 811. We have seen how things didnโ€™t turn out b/w Niyo & IDFC First, when IDFC became aggressive in its own digital journey

Any comment @Shawnpinto @Jiten

3 Likes

alternatively they might acquire Jupiter and/or Fi as well to ramp up theur digital portfolio even further

1 Like

They have a similar product integrated with their banking system. Acquisition of something similar might not be that helpful. Current valuation of nonbanks is another factor.

1 Like

What about free charge -Axis neo bankโ€ฆany update on it??