Fintech News Bytes

The launch of cross-border linkage between India and Singapore using UPI and PayNow, respectively, will enable users of the two fast payment systems in either country to make convenient, safe, instant and cost-effective cross-border money transfer using their respective mobile apps.

2 Likes

Eligible travellers would be issued Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPI) wallets linked to UPI for making payments at merchant outlets.

To begin with, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank and two non-bank PPI issuers, Pine Labs Private Limited and Transcorp International Limited will issue UPI linked wallets.

3 Likes

Pine labs Plural, CCAvenue and other white-label bank PG offerings see rise in merchant signups as top payment gateways hit by RBI freeze! :cold_face:

4 Likes

PhonePe is now the merchant favorite I guess. Seeing this compact soundbox at many businesses I frequent :partying_face:

More deets here: https://www.phonepe.com/business-solutions/offline-merchant/smartspeaker/

3 Likes

I can hear this image :sweat_smile:
Bell sounds - Received 500 on PhonePe.

That’s a lot of speakers.

Something’s brewing at CRED. Is it the NFC tap and pay feature? :eyes:

Update: It’s the ‘tap with CRED Pay’ feature. It’s already live for me on the app :fire::metal:

Officially unveiling on February 27th! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Just saw this. Did you see the burning wallet video? :blob_sweat:
Really cool.

Excited to see what’s coming!

It’s live already. And, as usual seamless onboarding and UX. Especially the card switching part is super rad. Can flip and hold to switch cards from the ‘tap to pay’ app shortcut :partying_face:

1 Like

this makes me feel sad for ios users🙂

I don’t have access to the tap-and-pay feature yet :cry:
Guess I’ll have to wait till 27th.

Meet CheQ, the new credit card management app in town that let’s you pay bills and keep a tab on your credit cards. It’s clean and minimal, reminiscing of the early days of CRED app.

Unlike CRED, CheQ let’s you pay bills with your debit cards too. Queue all those dc reward points. Also, 1% back on all cc bill payments :wink:

Here’s my referral: invite link

3 Likes

Another Cheq app, enabling foreigners visiting India to use and pay via UPI QR codes this time :fire::partying_face:

Demo video- Twitter

2 Likes

It’s consolidation time, and it’s payments bank this time!

In what could lead to a major consolidation in the Indian fintech space, Airtel Payments Bank and Paytm Payments Bank could be headed for a merger.

Airtel In Talks With Paytm To Offload Payments Bank Biz

There’s this CRED 3D billboard teasing the upcoming tap to pay feature if you’re in Bangalore :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s you who usually tease us with all the upcoming features. How about this for a change :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fun fact, CRED just disabled it on my account. It’s an accidental reveal I guess. Now to wait till Monday for the access again :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

CRED tap to pay feature demo- Twitter

Going live on Monday, Feb 27th!

This new feature is showing up on some iOS users iPhone’s right now. Looks like Indian iOS users will have something to party hard on Monday :crossed_fingers::money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Offer alert: Axis Bank MyZone credit card is LTF right now. Apply here

Benefits :

1. Free Rs.500 Amazon voucher and life time free card
  2. 1 year free SonyLiv subscription
  3. BOGO free on movie tickets
  4. 40% off on Swiggy upto 4 times a month

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:
Sad to see it got disabled for you.

But yes, you should be getting it on Feb 27th, just like all of us :stuck_out_tongue:

Booo, you spoiled it though!

I don’t think it’s possible. iOS has restricted NFC payments for the longest time, atleast in India.