Fastest and Smoothest UPI Payment app ( Scan and Pay)

Interesting. UPI lite was launched to reduce such instances.

1 Like

Bhim is like beta testing app for all new UPI features :joy:

3 Likes

dont know what happened…server or range issue maybe :slightly_smiling_face:

If I may ask, which app do you use for UPI Lite? I use Paytm and fortunately have not faced this issue.

Only reason why I stopped using Jupiter scan and pay is because of the mobile number visibility to the payees. Don’t wanna expose my mobile number everywhere I pay. So using paytm scan and pay.

yes have tried on paytm it’s quick and best thing is I don’t have to authenticate to pay via upi lite but 200rs limit is too low

with a bad ui

same for me have stopped using phonepe for taking extra money for doing phone recharge primary upi app for me is paytm .

with upi lite you can pay 200 rs at a time

1 Like

Can we expect rupay cc upi payment via Jupiter?
Currently for me paytm is best for cc upi payment along with other form of upi also

1 Like

Maybe in the future…

Due to COVID literally now every small merchant outlet in my locality accepting upi payment with merchant QR which r zero MDR for them.

1 Like

smart upi box is great for this issue. mostly all buisness in my locality are having a smart box even small vendors are having one too but don’t know why some shop keepers gets angry when asked for upi payment even though it’s free

2 Likes

Merchants have to pay a monthly rental fees for the soundbox

upi lite Never fails

2 Likes

In Bangalore when I didn’t have bank account and paid by cash a lot of vendors asked “Phonepe nahi hai kya?”. Once he didn’t have change at all and I had to come later to get rest of the change. And even if you have change you need to carry bulky wallet and you can lose money also. With UPI even if your phone gets stolen/lost they can’t do anything as long as it’s locked.

UPI is best. I still carry minimal wallet with it for IDs and cards with like 50-200 Rs. cash.

1 Like

I know its little bit deviating from the main topic, but would like to share some weird experiences I had with UPI (Scan and Pay). :rofl:
In Case 1, there was a popular family-run hotel nearby known for its delicious homemade meals and excellent service. I decided to try their food and made my first visit. The elderly member of the family, who managed the cash transactions, used the Phonepe QR code for accepting UPI payments (he is 60+). I successfully made the payment using UPI. However, on a subsequent visit, after enjoying my meal, I learned that they had stopped accepting QR scan payments :exploding_head: :exploding_head:. (luckily I could manage the cash from my friends, who were there at that moment :sweat_smile:)
They had fallen victim to a fraudster who had deceived them by showing a fake payment success screen. The family lost more than 1000 Rs on that single fraudulent order. As a result, they became suspicious of anyone inquiring about such payment methods.
After a while, I visited the hotel again and was glad to see that they had resumed accepting QR code payments. However, this time they had installed a soundbox :cool_doge:

In Case 2, I encountered a common issue that many people here might have experienced. While making a payment through Google Pay, I sometimes get the message “Recipient bank server busy.” Whenever I explains this issue to shopkeepers, some of them never understand the problem and always assumes that I am trying to deceive them.
Like Alec said, we have to sit at the shop until this problem solves. :rofl:

[I am a strong supporter of UPI/Scan and Pay and its the UPI, that has revolutionized digital payments in India.]

3 Likes

Out of the Topic:A nearby movie theatre in my city still has not setup a scan and pay facility in their F&B section…When i ask them,they say that its too complicated to run a scan and pay upi system when more people come there :upside_down_face: :melting_face:

2 Likes

They are simply trying to dodge the tax authorities, all transactions in cash and minimal bill generation.

2 Likes

So thats it…Never thought of something like that :walking_man:

1 Like