Disabling Tap and Pay

Is there an option in Jupiter to disable “Tap and Pay”.
I could see freezing the card and sleeping it. Is there any specific settings for tap and pay?

@Aswin_Benny Wait there’s an option somewhere…I can’t seem to find it.
What’s the use case here? Can you let us know why would you like to disable it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I have lot of friends in my hostel and there are few places to hide my debit card😂.

Because of it, I now freeze the card all the time except during transactions. (Fi has it already)

there is an option to disable tap and pay in transaction settings

2 Likes

Thanks. Really helpful. I saw it now :ok_hand:.That option was actually a spoiler like feature :smiling_face_with_tear:. Difficult for me to understand that menu had submenu

2 Likes

Wait, so there’s a toggle for domestic and international transactions under manage transaction settings. Was that the one?

3 Likes

Yes it was that one. I couldnt understand that it was a button with toggle. (I had been there numerous times :smiling_face_with_tear:)

2 Likes

It was the + dropdown! I couldn’t find it either :disappointed_relieved:
We should probably make it more intuitive.

3 Likes

@here

We hear you folks :slight_smile:
So we’ve made it easier to find the additional transaction settings. The arrow shows that there’s more options for Domestic and international transactions.

This will be available from v1.5.31

3 Likes

Its good @Shawnpinto but I think onecard does it better. They show the card and all the available options together.

1 Like

@Avocadorable Ah! That’s nice. This was an immediate fix.
We’ll think about this section when we’re revamping the payments tab.

1 Like

You can take your time with this one. Jupiter has other glaring issues that need to be prioritised first.

On a related side note. Seriously consider allowing taking screenshots on app UI’s where user deets are not visible or it’s safe to allow a screen grab. OneCard does it already!

2 Likes

I agree completely. Atleast need an option that could enable taking screenshot for 15 minutes or so and then automatically reverts back :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yes it is necessary. Since jupiter is an ongoing project and if we need to suggest or report anything. We can’t show the team what we are referring to. It would be easy to understand if screenshot feature is available. I had some issue with the app in the initial days and the team asked me for the screenshot for better understanding. But since the feature was not available, it took a while for them to understand and help me in fixing the issue. Feature like screenshot and/ or screen recording should be there. No one would be foolish enough to leak their own sensitive information to others, but they can definitely use it for better UI

2 Likes