Concern on Debit Card Quality

Yes, who cares about Card.

If card got stolen/damag bank will issue new card.

Now India Is Digital Go Digital :crossed_fingers:

Not all the POS terminals support tap n pay.
When you face some problem with your phone then you can’t enjoy those facilities of digital banking.
At that time you have to rely on the traditional method.
I myself faced a lot of problems when my phone was damaged and I have to stay away from my phone for complete 2 days and adapt traditional method while paying at shop outlets.
Although the look of the card does not concern much to me but still scratches on your card does look ugly.

1 Like

Yeah. Also phone’s battery can die but the card lives on.

Apart from being sarcastic you made the point

Okay, I can understand but.

Card is Active Good.

But who cares about scratches?

I don’t care I’m using it and enjoying it

I’m too enjoying it but I think the choice varies from person to person

The guy @CarolinMerces sounds funny. Lot’s of times he cries in this community for card customisation, name customisation, metal card etc. Even today he was loud for name customisation in other thread.

And here is shouting as “He doesn’t care about card” what a contradictory statements by a person in each thread. :rofl:

Those who praising 100% Digital India and Card less / Cashless India, I have only one thing to say “Don’t make it dark by closing your eyes.” Reality is far away from your imaginations.

Peace :v:t3:

6 Likes

I wasn’t being sarcatic there. Most of what you said was right. The experience you shared was useful and thought provoking. Its just that I didn’t add the advantages of cards in my post.

1 Like

Sorry, to get that wrong.

@Aman_Maurya
65% of population is still rural population. So your who cares about card view is totally biased. You might be right about tokenization being the future but card is present.
Not more than 10% of transactions even in semi urban areas is cashless.

So yes card matters to a lot people may be design and quality do not.

1 Like

Plus most phones in the mid and lower budget segment don’t even come with NFC. And mid and lower budget phones constitute the major smartphone market share in India.

I was being rhetorical there. I should’ve put it better.

1 Like

You are absolutely right that 100% digitalisation is still a dream.
I remember when FANI the cyclone striked Odisha in May 2019 there was no electricity, no running ATM even in Bhubaneswar for days.
I had to wait outside an mobile ATM for hours to withdraw cash at that time.
Reality is harsh.

I think let’s drop this topic right here.
Let the team decide whether to improve the card quality and design or to stick with the old one.

Got it. And right, mid segment phones lacks NFC. Even if it is made available, payment infra/POS devices to accept the payment is not there.
Also it costs to use such device.
I remember one such incident from my shop. We have POS machine. One customer didn’t have cash and wanted to pay using card. Amount was less. But my father told him that the POS machine is not working and he can either UPI or give cash(ATM was nearby).
When he went to withdraw the cash I asked if the is machine not working then why don’t you get it changed ? He said बेटा उस मशीन से स्वाइप करने पर चार्ज लगेगा और अगर ५% मार्जिन वाली आइटम पर १.५% -2% चार्ज ही दे देंगे तो हमे क्या बचेगा |

So yeah there are some issues which needs addressing।

1 Like

Everyone is seeing who is crying and who is enjoying :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I could say only 1 word for you.

Be in your limit it will be better for you dear.

I’m not giving any (threat) to you just a word.

Yeah. Exactly. Everyone is overpopulating their opinions which are always subjective.

I’ll create a poll instead which can help the team decide better, on an objective opinion.

• The card is decent enough
  • It needs improvements

0 voters

5 Likes

A better way to address this while Jupiter team can find a solution is to use a clear laminate to protect the card from getting scratches or not use the card for withdrawals at all. Check out this self adhesive clear laminate on Amazon: KREEPO Transparent Film for Glass, Art and Craft Strong Acrylic Adhesive Clear Tape Heat Resistant Transparent Clear Adhesive Tape 12’‘x25’’ https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07Q7Z25Y7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_405X674PEA6J18C0X01S

Just received the debit card. It looks good, however, it is thinner, and feels less premium than any other card I have used.
Can (and should!) definitely be improved.

2 Likes