(Completed) Lab test #11 - Fixed Deposits on Jupiter šŸ’°

Yup its working now, just invested as well.

At first, I was pretty annoyed with the ā€˜verification bug,ā€™ but since Iā€™m one of the early users testing out the feature, yah thatā€™s fine.

UI of the FD main page and the deposit page is easy to use. Btw Iā€™m using FD for the first time in a Banking app. The interest calculation is done automatically based on the amount I deposit, so I donā€™t have to sit there and do manual calculations. Thatā€™s good.

I found some issues with nominee auto-selection. It worked fine on my first deposit, but then the next time around, it didnā€™t happen automatically. I had to go back and select the interest rate multiple times to get the nominee details to fetch automatically from Jupiterā€™s prerecord of me. Itā€™s not a deal-breaker, but it would be great if it could be a bit more consistent.

One suggestion I have for Jupiter FD is to add a scrolling option to select the percentage of my Jupiter balance I want to invest.

For example, if my Jupiter Bank balance is ā‚¹55,800, and I want to invest 40% of it(ā‚¹22320), I would love to just scroll and select the percentage I need on the deposit page. Currently i have to enter the amount manually

Lastly, it would be amazing if Jupiter could bring in daily updating interest on the active FD page. ā€˜Fi Jumpā€™ has this feature, and itā€™s so cool to watch my money grow every day.

Overall, ā€˜easy to useā€™ Experience. :+1:

5 Likes

It Would Be Better If There Will Be Recurring Account Type

1 Like

If you are looking for an RD check out super pots which offer upto 6.75% interest for 365 days.
You can then create a habit to add money monthly.

3 Likes

Hi,

Able to create FD. Will the amount in FD be considered in the calculation on NRV ?

@Shawnpinto @Aastha Hey :wave:, can i please know that there is green up arrow indicator on the FD Page. What does that actually indicate?

Great suggestion on the % balance to invest, @Sreeharimkl! On your question regarding daily updating interest, itā€™s there on the dashboard as well as each FD details page. Let me know if you canā€™t see it.

@hemanthchandra62 weā€™re working on this, we should be able to confirm in a couple of days.

@MamtaDevi the number in green is the total interest your FD has accrued or earned from the date of investment till today. If you donā€™t break the FD early, then this number grows daily and you get the maturity amount at maturity date.

4 Likes

@Aastha Great Concept :slightly_smiling_face:. Loved the UI for booking FD. Also FD Certificate arrived in mail.

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s there. Thx

2 Likes

@Aastha @Barun i just observed something and wanted to share here.

As of now, a FD created is getting classified as an investment (it is housed under the investment tab and the money parked in FD is shown as money invested when the user checks the FD summary screen). However, the total value of investments in the investment tab only shows the current value of mutual funds bought via Jupiter.

This creates confusion.

Hi @yagnesh01, weā€™re already in process to revamp our investment home page to accommodate the new investment assets that we have launched in the past months.
Youā€™ll be able to manage all your assets in one place very soon, hopefully within a month :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you for the update Barun!!

One last point and apologies if this is an off topic question -

Currently the balance in the savings account and pots are considered as part of the NRV calculation for the Pro account eligibility. With the launch of FDs, is there a plan to include them in the NRV calculations?

Hey @Jupiterlabs,
Just curious, what is the difference between creating an FD and a Pot ?

Hey @GokulVVS :wave:

To answer this, check out this thread here - Difference between Superpot vs Fixed Deposit šŸ¤˜ - #4 by Abhishek_Ulayil

It should give you a rough idea of the differences.
Hope this helps!

@here The Results & winners will be announced on Friday folks!
@Jupiterlabs 2 days left for our Lab test #11 - Fixed Deposits on Jupiter.

For those who havenā€™t tested it yet, itā€™s not too late!
:jupiter_labs:

February 21, 2023ā†’February 24, 2023

4 Likes
  1. Premature withdrawal penalty is appropriate. In comparison for SBI FD accounts. For term deposits less than Rs. 5 lakh, the premature withdrawal penalty is 0.50% (on total amount+interest earned) while for term deposits above Rs. 5 lakh, the premature withdrawal penalty is 1%. It is really very useful. Itā€™s also good in terms of ease of use, and efficiency. Self investment on maturity is a good feature.

2. At present it takes some more time to open the FD page but yes, once it opens it works very smoothly.

3. I tried it by investing some amount in it. The transaction didnā€™t take much time and went smoothly. Breaking FD was also easy, immediately after breaking FD money was deposited in my account.So I havenā€™t faced any bug so far.

paytm which opens fd with indusind bank takes 0 penalty for breaking fd prematurely and also allows paying directly from fd amount if enough balance is not available so i donā€™t think jupiterā€™s fd thing is enough lucrative when we have better options

1 Like

What are the interest rates for fd in Paytm?

This are the interest rates in Paytmā˜ļø

2 Likes

But Jupiter gives 7.25% p.a. interest rate and also you get interest , no penalty when you break FD between 7 - 15 days.