Can jupiter introduce mutual fund in the pot services?

jupiter pot can help to earn more money with equity mutual fund, index fund, small cap fund or anyother . and give customer a choice to choose as per desire. @JupiterTeam

2 Likes

Hey Mukesh,

That’s a great idea. Would love to know more about this. Few questions:

1. What kind of pots would you create if you can invite it in the mutual fund, index fund, small cap fund, or etc.?

2. For how long these pots will be alive?

3. When you break the pot/ acheive the target of the pot how soon you expect the money to reach in your account?

4. Also how do you save in mutual funds right now?

1. FOR MY LONG TERM GOAL :- I LIKE INDEX FUND.
    AND SAVED MONEY BY NOT EATING BURGER:- SMALL CAP FUND. :wink:

2. AS PER MY NEED AND GOAL AND MOST IMPORTANT MARKET SCENARIO.
    AFTER ALL MUTUAL FUND IS SUBJECT TO MARKET RISK :rofl:

3. HARDLY 2 WORKING DAY

4. APPS LIKE GROWW AND OTHER NEW TECH APP. BUT I AM OPTIMASTIC ABOUT JUPITER POT.

@sahil-sorathiya
Even I do like the concept of pots with mutual fund as underlying investment rather than regular deposits of bank. Thanks @rockhero for creating this thread. I would like to contribute my points too.

1. Pots should be goal specific like Save for Tomorrow (Long Term), Buy a Phone in 6 months (Short Term). Depending on that respective funds can be suggested with their lock in period.
    Pots can be distributed into 3 levels as per user risk appetite like :
    (i) Low Risk - Liquid Fund (Short Term)
    (ii) Medium Risk - Large Cap Fund (Long Term)
    (iii)High Risk - A Flexi Cap Fund (Long Term)
    I think these three levels would be enough in beginning as many novice users or young generations would be exploring mutual fund markets for first time via Jupiter itself. So, this shouldn’t be a tough decision choice to read and research a lot about funds like small cap, other categories. Maybe after a long time you can introduce a (iv) Very High Risk - Index / Small Cap etc.

2. Pots Alive Time : As users would be new so they should be adviced about taxation : LTCG and STCG on Debt and Equity Related Fund. Plus a small nudge or notification from time to time like “Longer you hold, more you’ll benefit.” “Try to make a Streak to grow your Investment Plant as Pot for 1yr and bear the fruits in future”. Provide Monthly Badges as appreciation for being invested. Then people will be motivated to hold longer.

3. As per current industry standards of : Redemption Day + 2 Working Days.

4. I do save right now via Kuvera.

4 Likes

great man. you are right they should start with some less risky fund and as the platform grow they can introduce high yield fund .

1 Like

Nice idea…Jupiter should implement this feature as soon as possible.most mutual fund accepts minimum deposit of ₹100 or in multiples of 100. Jupiter can introduce the same thing and in the backend it will be invested in mutual fund.for advance users Jupiter can provide the user option to select in which category of fund it will be invested liquid/equity/debt based on user risk appetite

This should be implemented so that a custom pot can be created with a single mutual fund with a goal area.

Also want to know how this can be implemented for group of funds in a pot?

2 Likes

Fair point! I use stack for my mutual funds needs n Groww for my stocks itch. To be honest, MF gives you waaaaaaaaaay less extra dough compared to direct stock shares.

You do pitch a fine ask. If we could somehow link certain jars and set it to auto pilot mode, while we sit back n relax as it invests in instruments would be super cool.

I wouldn’t want all my money relying on MF interests.

1 Like