AMA with Kalyani

You’re invited to an AMA session with Kalyani Khona, our Product Strategist. Discuss everything from Jupiter’s product philosophy, to Kalyani’s vision for Jupiter.

We’ll be live with answers to all your questions between 7-8 PM on Friday, 22nd May.

Be sure to check back in during the live session!

1 Like

Some helpful tips before you start :checkered_flag:

• Please only ask one question by replying to this topic a single time, using the Reply button at the bottom. It also helps to scroll to the bottom while reading :open_book:, to make sure nobody else has asked the same question first! :ok_hand:

• Please do not reply to anyone else’s post. The only purpose of replies in this topic is to ask the host your question. If you’d like to discuss a related topic in more detail, please create a new topic.

• Please ask all your questions in one post. We’ll surely take the first one (or all), so everyone gets a chance to have their questions answered! :wink:

It’s regarding product evangelism.

How do you plan on how Jupiter should be identified in the market, i.e. the popular narrative associated with Jupiter?

Like, PayTM- high rewards, wide acceptance initially
CRED- best rewarding credit card payment app ever
HDFC, SBI - safe, D-SIB, too big to fail
Kotak 811/ DBS - zero balance, instant account opening

With so much feedback coming from the community regarding possible features & improvements, how do make a call on which to prioritize or which to keep on hold?

Multiple questions:

1. Whats the product strategy of Jupiter ?
  2. What are the things that you consider before building any feature?
  3. How do you prioritise?
  4. Will cashback be the only hook for users ? Because every other neo bank seems like doing it ?

Hi Kalyani !!
How was your dinner experience with our PM Modi ? How was that journey and reached Dinner with PM Modi ?

1 Like

Welcome everyone! @K-92 (Kalyani) Product Strategist at Jupiter! :woman_scientist: is here between 7 and 8 p.m. to answers all your questions about the product at Jupiter, and her vision of a digital bank! Comment on this thread with your questions and we’ll answer it live, right here!

If not banking product?

I still have that very first email where I got to know about that dinner. It had 13 more cabinet ministers including the late Shri Arun Jaitley joining a group of us for this dinner. I have such great respect/awe for these extra ordinary leaders (including Sushma-ji) that this dinner was an ultimate privilege.

All anxiety and nervousness combined, what I ended up actually doing was eat a 7-course meal in 7 minutes while pitching them Inclov for angel investment :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hello Kalyani @K-92 ! Cheers and my wishes to an exciting journey for Jupiter.

1. Will Jupiter planning to take account aggregator licence ?
  2. User education is a big challenge in fintech, any smart innovations Jupiter planning to handle that

Thanks.

Hey Kalyani! :smiley:

How does the switch from social services (Inclov) to FinTech (Jupiter) feel like?
How has this change impacted the way you ideate and build product(s)?

Interesting Question Shubham!

For lack of non-descriptive words:
Jupiter - A co-created new age banking experience built by and for people who want to be more conscious and savvy with their money/financial decisions.

But @aniket who works me with me on branding would say something like this:

I think I would describe Jupiter as a new-age banking experience that we’re co-creating with our users. This is not another faceless financial institution. It’s a team that’s working directly with users to understand their needs and deliver on them. And it’s for people who are looking to make better financial decisions.

Your thoughts?

Full time equity investor!

2 Likes

Good evening

1. What is the culture at Jupiter and your vision for it?
  2. How is the org structured?

@sss I think this will also answer parts 2 and 3 of your questions

All the feedback we receive from the community is maintained centrally. The community team sits with Jiten, our founder, as well as the product team and all the different stakeholders involved (this essentially forms a committee – together we decide when and how to build out the features suggested or incorporate the community’s feedback.

Honestly, if it’s something that impacts your finances, we try 100% to build it. The only question is when. We consider every incoming idea with equal importance. So when deciding if we should build it right away or somewhere down the road, we consider its impact by asking users how many people face this problem and how much value it will add to their lives.

And if you haven’t checked our community ideas on our product roadmap, do check them here! and thank you for being an active contributor to the community!

Hey Kalyani,
I had a doubt which I had raised on the UX when the first meet-up took place in Bangalore some two-three months back.
The front-end color is really pleasing to the eye, just the fact that the Partner Bank logo was there in the front login page (if i remember correctly), which made jupiter.money look like a product of Partner bank, how have you dealt with this issue?
And second question, what metrics would you be focusing on when the app is rolled out apart from generic metrics like (#no of users who installed the app/their age group/regions they belong to etc). Is there a golden metric which can give a direct proportional relation to success of the app?

Inclov was the world’s first matchmaking platform for people with disabilities (here is some background).

At one point, Inclov was a fast growing community of 50,000 people with disabilities, from 35+ cities/towns in India. The joy of people interacting and using the product to change their lives wasn’t just powerful, but also empowering to them. These people who were confined at their homes for a long time now helped us host over 100 meetups in wheelchair-accessible cafes.

Confinement is never a choice, and I think we all get that now due to the COVID-19 lockdown.

The same 50,000 people had in between them more than 20,000 unique connections on the mobile app (1 connection is 2 unique people connecting to chat/meet) which led to new friendships, acquaintances and life-long relationships.

Building Inclov for six years was labour of love and had valuable lessons on generating user love by creating impact and bringing systemic changes with the help of community.

The Inclov experience has brought me a default way of thinking about new problem statements through the principles around user centric design, empathy and user impact. If you have a user who is unmoved by your disappearance tomorrow, you’ve missed the mark on user love and lastly - you haven’t solved a problem that was relevant to him.

Lastly, you can bring ‘social’ into any sector and space. For example, at Jupiter we have Millions which is a financial literacy platform (via Youtube and Instagram) covering topics like mutual funds, taxation and savings especially curated for the millennials who want to manage their money better and eventually live a financially independent life.

2 Likes

Account Aggregator License: No plans at the moment but never say never.
User Education Initiative: Millions by Jupiter

Would you follow it yourself for and does it educate enought?

I’ll answer both for product teams:

• Culture: User obsession and simplicity in making user’s every dollar efficient to impact his/her overall life experiences positively.

• Org structure: It is a horizontal org. structure that involves product owners working with product designers (UX designers), brand strategist and community team. As a product strategist, my job is to define the overall vision and user experience and drive it to the product team so that they can build features and products that align to Jupiter’s common goals and vision.