A thread on BNPLs

5 Likes

Great threadโ€ฆIn fact, everyone should be aware of this.
From my experience, the pay later service of Mobikwik called โ€˜Zipโ€™ is the worst.

4 Likes

Nice thread @nareshk !
Thanks for starting this :pleading_face:

Do share which BNPL you prefer using at the moment and why? Whatโ€™s that one feature you liked the most, your experience, share something that youโ€™d like to have on Edge too if possible :slight_smile:

For my BNPL experience, Iโ€™ve used PayTm PostPaid. I was bombarded with random icons and things to click on at first. Used it only for 1-2 months though.

2 Likes

Btw, nice change in the dp, @Shawnpinto :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks! It was @Binoy who shared the avatar generator with me :stuck_out_tongue:
This was the site - https://getavataaars.com

5 Likes

If anything, itโ€™s the BNPL space that demands the RBI regulation ASAP. Yeah, much before crypto Iโ€™d say.

BNPL right now is a smoke screen with less clarity and much to hide :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Yo! Their random button is super fun. Try it :grin:

Heads-up: Try this premium pack for 3D Avatars- Download 3D Avatar illustrations library
55895-3D-AVATAR-ANIMATION.webp

3 Likes

Nooo waay @Binoy :exploding_head:
Lemme try this.

Also, check this out:

Apple has entered the battle ring :apple: :eyes:

6 Likes

Recently Tried MoneyView Platinum Card for some internal reason Got enough limit more than a credit card. Till now its good because my friend also take this he has premium credit cards.

And I mean not 1 crore limit :joy:

2 Likes

I am using

• LazyPay

• Jupiter Edge

• Postpe

Also, I have Moneyviewโ€™s Advantage Card and Kreditbee Card.

Lazypay is the first BNPL service I used and still, itโ€™s my favourite one. Lazycard, 30 days billing cycle, Scan and Pay feature and UPI feature make it popular.

The only service I didnโ€™t like is Mobikwikโ€™s Zip. Recently, the limit was blocked by them citing some โ€˜risk policyโ€™. When enquired about this, they told me it was some technical issue and my name was listed as โ€˜defaulterโ€™ without making any delay. So even after 15 days, they couldnโ€™t sort it out. So made the request to close that service.

4 Likes

I was interested in bullet when I heard they donโ€™t report to any credit bureau but it seems JE is doing it. Iโ€™m not interested in other BNPL.

3 Likes

@razack Yup Zip & Flipkart both given me limit โ‚น4000 & โ‚น60,000 respectively through their Lending partner โ€œ IDFC first Bank โ€ .

I always paid before due date , they mentioned in credit score many time as " Outstanding etcโ€ .
I made multiple reports & closed both account because my CIBIL went to โ‚น748 which is now 777 .

3 Likes

Dear @Roshan Bro,
Exactly these two pay later services caused trouble for me. First, it was Flipkartโ€™s Pay Later where I got only a 3000 Rs purchase limit. For the last 2.5 years, it is showing as โ€˜blockedโ€™. whenever I write to Flipkart, I am getting the same copy-paste message saying it operates under limited capacity due to some covid issues.

How do you close these services? If possible, kindly tell me the procedure to close both services. It is affecting my credit score.

4 Likes

@razack sure bro.

To close Zip thereโ€™s 2 method -

1. Call Mobikwik Customer care directly ( and say I wish to close)

2. Mobikwik >> hep & support >>Zip >> how can I close Zip >> I want to close.

To close Flipkart -

1. Call Customer care & Ask for NOC if account is closed , if not request to close .

2. Email to customer care

If youโ€™ve low credit score/ or not increasing . Take one Secure Credit Card ( 2K FD minimum)

8 Likes

Dhani One Freedom is biggest fraud in BNPL space.

5 Likes

@maulik_satasiya
I applied for it a few months back and after reading the numerous negative comments, I didnโ€™t complete the application process. Only Negatives everywhere :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, brotherโ€ฆ
Yep, recently I took the paisa bazaar secured card for a 2k FD. Hope the credit score gets an increase.

2 Likes

For me, if we can bring features of BPNL to a credit card itโ€™s worth doing that. Credit cards are more regulated and have strict rules.

3 Likes

Is it for real? I guess if you default a payment then it might be reported. Isnโ€™t it? It is a rule.

If you request them then they wonโ€™t report it.

2 Likes